A psychedelic guide is an individual who assists psychonauts through the entire process of the psychedelic experience. Guides’ services usually involve some or all of the following:
- Pre-trip education and mental preparation.
- A safe, appealing physical environment conducive to a positive psychedelic experience.
- Provision of psychedelic substances, and assistance with appropriate dosing for the desired experience.
- Ability to discern when medical attention is needed, and willingness to provide or acquire medical help.
- Assistance integrating the experience afterwards.
In this set of articles, we help you understand the role of a psychedelic guide, decide whether to use a guide, and provide suggestions on how to find a guide.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter
Receive new articles and the latest psychedelics news directly to your mailbox in our weekly newsletter.
- What is a psychedelic guide?
- Many psychonauts have never considered a guided psychedelic experience. In this article, we explain what added value psychedelic guides provide.
- How can I Participate in Psychedelic Clinical Trials?
- If you want to have a guided psychedelic experience, and you’re having difficulty finding an underground guide, one option is to try to participate in a psychedelic clinical trial. In this article, we cover currently ongoing clinical trials and how you can participate in them.
Psychedelic Integration Services
Some therapists and other mental health workers only offer psychedelic integration services. They will not provide you psychedelic substances or be present during your psychedelic experience, but they’re willing to meet you afterwards to discuss your experience so that you can integrate any learnings from your experience into your life.
MAPS has a useful list of people providing psychedelic integration services.